One of the best things about our flooring is how easy it is to clean and maintain. We know that you want to enjoy your flooring for years to come, so we make sure that all our carpet, vinyl, LVT, laminate and hard flooring is low maintenance.
In fact, we're so proud of our flooring that we offer industry-leading warranties to give you complete peace of mind.
Designed and manufactured in the UK, our carpets are inherently low maintenance. The fibres we use are resistant to stains and moth damage, so there's no need to treat with additional chemicals. We also use a UV stabiliser, which protects your carpet from sun damage.
There are some simple steps to getting the most from your Furlong Flooring carpet:
- Vacuum regularly – this helps to remove dirt from the carpet pile, keeping it fresh and clean.
- Protect high-traffic areas – you might choose to put a mat down at the front door, for example. This helps to protect the carpet in that area and prevents dirt being carried through the house.
- Clean spills straight away – this is better for your carpet and helps to remove any stains quickly.
- Consider professional cleaning – regular professional cleaning is really kind to your carpet. It removes deeper dirt and stains and brings your carpet back to life.
Our natural wood flooring
Natural wood looks great in your home, and our flooring is easy to lay and easy to care for. Here are our quick tips for keeping wood flooring looking fantastic:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly – removing dust and dirt from your wooden flooring stops it from scratching the wood or getting stuck in the surface.
- Protect against furniture – scraping and moving furniture can scratch your flooring. Just pop pads on the underside of chair and table legs to keep your floor smooth and beautiful.
- Remove water and stains quickly – although natural wood flooring is treated, you shouldn't let water or spills remain on the floor. Clean it when you see it to maintain your flooring.
- Protect high traffic areas – using rugs and mats can help to protect scuffing and scratching.
- Clean with wood flooring cleaner – it's always best to use a specialist cleaner rather than regular householder cleaners. These are readily available and inexpensive.
You can get great care for your wooden floor with our WOCA Clean and Care Kit. Contact your retailer to find out more.
Our laminate wood flooring
Just like our natural wood flooring, you need to do a couple of simple things to make sure that it gives you the beauty and long life you're looking for.
- Use protective pads on furniture – to avoid scratches, just stick protective pads to the feet of your furniture.
- Lift furniture, don't drag – it's good advice for any flooring type. Dragging furniture can damage the floor, so always lift if you can.
- Use castor protectors – for sofas, chairs, pianos and other furniture with castor feet, buy some castor protectors. These are little discs that your castors sit on and help to prevent dents and damage to the floor.
- Look after high traffic areas – these are the places that flooring often gets damaged. Using mats or rugs can help to extend the life of your laminate flooring.
- Clear spills quickly – laminate flooring shouldn't get wet. You can clean it with a microfibre cloth, or a dusting-style mop, but clean up any water or spills immediately to protect the integrity of the flooring.
Our vinyl and LVT flooring
Once properly laid, looking after your vinyl or LVT flooring will help it have a long life, adding real style to your home. Our flooring is designed to be easy to maintain, and there are some straightforward things you can do to help:
- Use entrance mats – at front and back doors, entrance mats can reduce the amount of dirt getting onto your floor by up to 70%. This also helps to protect the highest-traffic areas of your home.
- Sweep or dry mop regularly – dirt and stains are part of everyday life. If you sweep or dry mop your flooring regularly and remove water or spills as soon as they occur, you're giving your flooring the TLC it needs to give you a lasting life.
- Lift, don't drag – never drag furniture or equipment across this type of flooring as it will cause unnecessary damage.
- Use non-abrasive cleaners – to preserve the finished effect of your flooring, use a neutral PH floor cleaner or just mop with warm water.